Yamaha TransAcoustic™ is unlike any piano you’ve ever heard. A true acoustic piano that uses its soundboard to naturally amplify digital sounds, turning your instrument into the world’s most incredible acoustic speaker. Transform your acoustic piano into a Yamaha or Bösendorfer concert grand, an electric piano, harpsichord, organ and more. Then record a track and play along on your acoustic piano. TransAcoustic stretches the imagination and opens up a new world of possibilities.
Great Ways to Enjoy the TransAcoustic™ Piano
Simply Play Your Acoustic Piano
At its heart, the TransAcoustic™ Piano is a genuine acoustic instrument. For more than a century, Yamaha has crafted pianos that inspire players to develop and express themselves, mirroring their thoughts and feelings with rich sound and reliable quality.
Control the Volume as You Play
Turn on TransAcoustic™ Mode so that you can use the volume control to continue playing without disturbing others. Although the sound is now being created digitally, the soundboard still vibrates and the strings and the body of the still resonate, so that you hear the music as well as feeling it through your body.
Use Your Piano as a Speaker
Enjoy listening to preset songs, recordings of your own performances and even music from your smartphone or other devices via Bluetooth®.* You can also play along with songs streamed from your devices, adding the piano part for ensemble performances. *Unavailable in some areas.
- TransAcoustic Technology – uses the acoustic elements of the piano to bring digital sounds to life, allowing you to adjust the volume and experience the piano in a whole new way.
- Ultra-light Transducer – that can turn digital sounds into vibrations and apply them directly to the soundboard. All without sacrificing the remarkable acoustic tone you’ve come to expect from a Yamaha piano.
- Articulation Sensor System – delivers high-precision simulations of the movements of the hammers at the moment they strike the strings, reproducing every piano sound exactly the way the player intended.
- Virtual Resonance Modeling – elaborately reproduces the rich sympathetic resonance created by the vibration of the entire instrument.
- Advanced Binaural Sampling – delivers a three-dimensional sound, which recreates the perspective of the player position through headphones.
- Smooth Release Technology – models the subtle interactions of the piano strings with the damper.
- Digital Voices – The world-renowned Yamaha CFX and Bösendorfer Imperial concert grands are two of many digital voices available in your headphones including electric pianos, harpsichords, organs, strings, choir and synth pad.
- Connectivity – Connect with your audio and MIDI devices for recording, live sound or broadcast and it works seamlessly with computers, mixing boards and Bluetooth®-enabled devices.
- Fully integrated TransAcoustic Piano system
- Non-contact Articulation Sensor + Optical Sensor System
- Key sensor type: Continuous detection electromagnetic inductive type
- Damper pedal sensor type: Continuous detection optical sensor
- Shift/soft sensor type: On/Off detection optical sensor
- 12 playable digital voices
- Binaural CFX and Imperial Concert Grand voices for headphones
- 480 ensemble voices with 12 Drum Kits
- 20 rhythm patterns
- 256-note polyphony
- Recording formats: Standard MIDI, Audio WAV
- Supported file formats: Standard MIDI, WAV
- Compatible storage media: USB Flash Memory (up to 64GB)
- MIDI connectivity: USB TO HOST, Bluetooth
- Audio connectivity: USB TO HOST, Stereo audio IN x1 (mini stereo), Bluetooth
- Headphone connectivity: 1/8” mini stereo x 2
- Data connectivity: USB TO DEVICE x 1, UD-WL01 (WiFi)
- Smart Pianist app compatibility
- Available models: b1, b2, b3
Specifications as of 04/2023. Specifications subject to change without notice.
Why Choose Us?
We are the Premier Yamaha Piano Dealer in North America. In-store or online, we’re here to assist you any way we can with your purchase. If you have any questions at all, our experienced staff will be happy to answer all of them and help find the right piano for you. Learn more about what sets us apart.
Buy With Confidence
- Legendary Five-Star Trade-Up policy
- Factory Warranty
- Matching Bench